Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Hey everyone.

It has happened to me several times that after updating my iPhone from jailbreak to the latest official iOS I lose all my folders and the icons spread all over the place.

Does this happen to everyone? I think Ive read that the folders should stay the same. Maybe this happens to me because Ive got jailbreak tweaks like folder enhancer or such?

What can I do to keep my folders safe when doing jailbreak and after restoring to an official update?

Maybe use xBackup (this only if I go back to jailbreak)?

What is the usual steps you guys do when going from jailbreak to official iOS and the other way around?

It has been a HUGE pain in the a** organizing my folders several times. Maybe this has something to do with my problem: after jailbreaking and installing some tweaks iTunes does not show me anymore the folders on the applications section of my iPhone 4. They told me it was because of tweaks like folder enhancer.

Thanks!

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
As ctbear said, any tweaks that modify folders (such as infinifolders) confuse official iOS and therefore screw up all of your folders, it'll do the same thing if SpringBoard crashes and boots into safe mode.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Thanks!

Its great to finally understand what was going on all the time. So I will uninstall folder enhancer every time I update the iPhone and that way Ill keep my folders.

Is there any other similar tweak or app I should avoid to keep the folders organized?

Thanks again!

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Anything that alters the behavior of how SpringBoard does folders. What happens is that these extensions do things that are out of the parameters that SpringBoard is built to understand, so as soon as you go back to stock it compensates the only way it knows how... dump everything it doesn't have a place for straight onto a home screen.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Thanks!

Its great to finally understand what was going on all the time. So I will uninstall folder enhancer every time I update the iPhone and that way Ill keep my folders.

Is there any other similar tweak or app I should avoid to keep the folders organized?

Thanks again!

as soon as you update you will loose it if you dont have those tweaks etc installed...
try pkgbackup if your staying jben

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.