Folders PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CSM2000, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CSM2000 macrumors newbie

CSM2000

Come on Apple, how about giving us folder capability sooner (ASAP) rather than later? This is really getting to be a mess!

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Use Siri to launch stuff, or complain -- your choice :rolleyes:

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

You are aware that Apple doesn't own this forum and that asking here is pointless?

4. WigWag Workshop macrumors 6502

WigWag Workshop

I just use Siri, but yeah has the tvOS app store grows, I can see folders being handy.

5. CSM2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

CSM2000

Yes, I am.

6. CSM2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

CSM2000

Exactly! Not everyone would use it but it would be a great option to have should you decide you need it.

7. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

Sarcatic mode on...

Please give the intern doing tvOS a break. The next intern will have to develop folders as his/her project.

More basic stuff is still missing: BT keyboards, App folders (as you mentioned), iCloud back-up (I don't want to think about restoring an ATV4, you would have to do things all manually), Notifications, Video calling via your ATV etc.

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I don't think folders, as implemented in iOS for iPhone and iPad, would work well on the TV screen.

Instead, I think categories/tabs, similar to those used at the very top of most apps, is the way to go. Or another analogy, using different screens/pages similar to the homescreens on iOS. I'd like one screen/category/tab for tv shows or movies apps, one for games, one for music apps, one for misc or not often used.

9. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

This is so important. I have 8. Would be nice to say "Restore a particular Version". I have multiple iPad's for different purposes and restore layout for New iPads. While we are on the subject really need to easily switch iCloud ID's like you can iTunes Store. But both should be much easier to get to.

10. babaroga73 macrumors regular

Podcasts, Weather app, Classic iTunes Music Store browse with preview, BT keyboard support, Full iTunes sync support, "New" category in App Store , there's so much of the basic stuff missing , I'd hate to ask for News App. Sometimes, I read, too.