Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
hey guys, i have a question. is there a more simpler way to edit the "view options" for all folders? the way i've been doing it is, going into the folder i want, clicking on "show view options" then where it says "show columns" i uncheck the ones i dont want. the problem is though, i have to do this to every single folder.

Last edited:

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
just choose the columns you want (in "Show View Options" menu) and then click the "Use As Defaults" button. Restart the computer (just in case) and you're done.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Can you accomplish what you want by just going to View > Show View Options when not in a specific folder?

only problem with this was, when i create a new folder, i would have to edit it again which was quite tedious

just choose the columns you want (in "Show View Options" menu) and then click the "Use As Defaults" button. Restart the computer (just in case) and you're done.

thanks, this did it for me, i had to edit desktop folder, trash and etc but it works. thanks

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.