Folding Drains Your Battery

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Hello,

So my two month old MacBook Pro has suddenly developed what seems to be a battery problem. Can someone check this to make sure of it's legitimacy, the Energy Saver Settings are set for better battery life. I had been getting 4-5 hours with tons of apps open doing Word Processing/Internet on medium screen settings. This is on the lowest screen setting, Adium, Safari, Mail (and Coconut) running.

Coconut Info Attached.

Thanks,

thegoldenmackid

Attachments

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Are you suddenly seeing a difference in battery life?

Coconut Battery has been known to report some funky numbers, are you on the latest version?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Are you suddenly seeing a difference in battery life?

Coconut Battery has been known to report some funky numbers, are you on the latest version?
While since that post, I'm down to 72%. I'm going to let this run down to zero to confirm the numbers, but given what I was experience this morning - the numbers seem accurate. This is definitely something new.

I just downloaded Coconut, and then checked that it is the latest. All battery meters (Coconut, iStat and Apple's default) are reporting the same numbers... 71%

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I see, you didn't state that you had just started running on battery ...

Yeah, something is wrong.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I see, you didn't state that you had just started running on battery ...

Yeah, something is wrong.
I feel like an idiot. Stupid folding clients. I thought that I had removed them from opening at start-up and then closed them, but no. Apparently when your CPU is running at 99% that drains the battery, who would have known. I must say that never in my time running them did I notice them drain the battery that quick.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I feel like an idiot. Stupid folding clients. I thought that I had removed them from opening at start-up and then closed them, but no. Apparently when your CPU is running at 99% that drains the battery, who would have known. I must say that never in my time running them did I notice them drain the battery that quick.
129035921803286798.jpg