Folding Drains Your Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegoldenmackid, Nov 24, 2009.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Hello,

So my two month old MacBook Pro has suddenly developed what seems to be a battery problem. Can someone check this to make sure of it's legitimacy, the Energy Saver Settings are set for better battery life. I had been getting 4-5 hours with tons of apps open doing Word Processing/Internet on medium screen settings. This is on the lowest screen setting, Adium, Safari, Mail (and Coconut) running.

Coconut Info Attached.

Thanks,

thegoldenmackid

Attached Files:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Are you suddenly seeing a difference in battery life?

Coconut Battery has been known to report some funky numbers, are you on the latest version?

3. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

While since that post, I'm down to 72%. I'm going to let this run down to zero to confirm the numbers, but given what I was experience this morning - the numbers seem accurate. This is definitely something new.

I just downloaded Coconut, and then checked that it is the latest. All battery meters (Coconut, iStat and Apple's default) are reporting the same numbers... 71%

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I see, you didn't state that you had just started running on battery ...

Yeah, something is wrong.

5. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I feel like an idiot. Stupid folding clients. I thought that I had removed them from opening at start-up and then closed them, but no. Apparently when your CPU is running at 99% that drains the battery, who would have known. I must say that never in my time running them did I notice them drain the battery that quick.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

129035921803286798.jpg

7. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

The CPU and the GPU are the two most powerful-hungry parts of your notebook. the more you utilise them, the more they drain.