Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cprossu

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2004
dont worry i do this to all forums im subscribed to.

i just dont want to see another repeat of what happened, not only here, but elsewhere before and after the JT event.
i did read the thread btw, im just somewhat scared of what could possibly happen.

if you know any "friendly" way to say it let me know, as it would be much appreciated. im not out to make anybody here mad or otherwise disgruntled =( .

zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Cprossu said:
so you talked to all the netadmins and people at the top of the company about what you are doing correct?
no worries. i'm the sole IT guy, admin guy, tech guy, et. al.

it's a small company, the owner is a friend of mine, my continued "employment" there (i'm a 1099) is viewed as a favor. in fact, when i first brought up folding, the owner wanted to put it on the production server, and i'm the one who said "no."

most of the users aren't computer literate. i'll get calls like, "i think the print driver you installed is slowing down my machine," or "ever since you gave me more RAM, i'm getting more spam." as i've said, the last thing i want to do is give the users another reason to think something is wrong.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Cprossu said:
dont worry i do this to all forums im subscribed to.

i just dont want to see another repeat of what happened, not only here, but elsewhere before and after the JT event.
i did read the thread btw, im just somewhat scared of what could possibly happen.

if you know any "friendly" way to say it let me know, as it would be much appreciated. im not out to make anybody here mad or otherwise disgruntled =( .
Which is why I am angry, because you said this before and this was the team that got nailed for the jeth. incident.

His software got bundled with some spyware virus thingy, and we got like 1000 people on our case calling all of out points into question.

Cprossu

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2004
well i want to get back to f-c on good terms, so i will be as nice as possible.

im not here to bitch because of the jt incident. (i said before and after)

your points as a team was never in question, just the ones gotten from jt. we did not see this as a whole thing, but an individual screw up in which the whole team shouldnt suffer...granted jt racked up a huge amount of points and i feel sorry that it bumped you guys down when you lost his donation.

i am not that into the whole "points" race, but rather interested in the safety of this project as a research device which i need to defend the best i can. this means that the forums i check i need to at least respond if i see anything a little shady. I am again sorry i have angered you, and if you want to correspond further my aim is cprossu2..

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Heh for RC5-72 (which is a bit off topic but anyhow..) I changed the file names to "System Idle Process" and installed it as that. Since it can hide and run on start due to its own capabilities, it was a good solution. Many people wouldn't be able to tell it's not the real idle, even with it's fat CPU usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.