IMPORTANT The widget doesn't work at the moment, sorry. I'll try to fix it, one day /IMPORTANT
Hello folders and interested people.
I was thinking about a widget to display your folding efforts, a few days after my first thought i stumbled on this thread. Apparently stubeeef had been thinking about this before i did.
Anyhow, here's the widget (current version 0.5b).
Please read this post through before reporting bugs .
The widget has been reported to work in Amnesty, a dashboard for 10.3.9 users (thx stubeeef for testing this)
the bigger front:
a small FAQ (lol frequently)
If your Mac didn't do it for you, put FoldingTracker.wdgt in /Library/Widgets
On the backside of the widget fill in your 'numeral user id' I should find a better name for this one.
How do I find this 'numeral user id'?
You can find it very easily by clicking on the extremeoverclocking.com logo. On the right side of the page fill in your folding username. If you found your username, klick it. A page containing your folding efforts will load.
- You can find your 'numeral user id' in the left column where you can choose to view your 'User Summary', 'User Overtake' and other pages. It is located between 'Team Users List' and 'User Summary'. It looks something like 'User: 123456789'. In this case 123456789 is the number you need.
- Alternatively you can find it in the address bar of your browser. While viewing the same page as above you see something like:
The last X will be a number. This is the 'numeral user id' you need.
How up to date is this info?
The widget will search for new info every hour (for now). The data on extremeoverclocking.com is updated every 3 hours.
See the FAQ on extremeoverclocking.com for more info.
The data on extremeoverclocking.com is not the same as the data in the widget. How is this?
The widget updates every hour. The info on extremeoverclocking.com will probably have been updated after the last time your widget downloaded the updated stats. Try to force an update of the widget.
Can I force an update?
Hit Command - R after clicking the widget.
By clicking the 'done' button on the backside of the widget you will also force a reload of the data. This button does also reset the timer for the next update to one hour.
Remember the data on extremeoverclocking.com is only updated every 3 hours.
How much will this cost me?
The biggest part of the job is done by ExtremeOverclocking. You can always send them some PayPal money for hosting the results and providing the xml file (you can mention the widget as a reason for contributing - good for your and my karma ).
Turning the widget on it's back when the front is at the smallest size will not show you the complete back (although everything you need is visible).
- 0.5b added in-team targets
- 0.4b added the details, code still needs to be cleaned up - hey, it works
- I will look in to serious bugs anyone reports.
- Restart coding it from scratch, with sense this time . And change the look
- Make it easier to use (see point above).
- Add possibility to target team.
- Add user requests (like easier resizing) see point 3.
Stay tuned, let me know what you think.