folk radio category in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thumb, Sep 21, 2009.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

hi all,

I upgraded to iTunes 9 and SL, and now the radio function in iTunes has changed, and the folk category is gone. any idea where it went or how to get it back?

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

It's gone. Read this thread, specifically the post from Ryan.

It seems, though, after many complaints, they brought the Ambient station back.

I, too, would like to see Folk come back

3. catmandu1 macrumors newbie

Radio Categories missing

Several of the categories/genres have been changed, for the worse IMO. Folk, Public, Latino and maybe some others have vanished. Ambient was deleted but returned after many complaints. Now you have to manually search all over to find whether your station is now placed in College/University or Eclectic. Try finding WFUV (Fordham University, Public Radio). It fell into Eclectic.

Some even stranger placements are IranianRadio.com (Tradition Somati) is still in Classical (????) not International. SFSound (Experimental/Electronic etc) is also in Classical. Go figure!

Have not found too many streams that formerly occupied Folk. Did find RADIO IO Acoustic under Eclectic with a name change to Radio IO Folk.

My opinion is that Apple is tending to push thru changes without much consideration of their user base (ie: demise of 3/4 Express slot, loss of Firewire in high end laptops) and now pushing Ver 9.01 out the door without any means of SEARCHING radio categories.

Check out the Apple Community discussion here: <http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2151073>