Follow AT&T instructions or just go iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big Dave, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Big Dave macrumors 6502

I read a post that said a user followed the AT&T activation instructions and it locked his sim. My buddy just plugged into iTunes and went from there. I'm thinking of just doing iTunes. Thoughts?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It depends on what you are trying to do, simple activation or an Upgrade Swap and it also depends on where you got the iPhone 4, Apple or AT&T.

More information is needed to assist.

Dave

3. Big Dave thread starter macrumors 6502

It will be an upgrade from my 3G and I got it from AT&T. I wouldn't think that would make a difference from my buddy who got his from apple.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I'd use the AT&T activation site and then reboot the iPhone.

5. sebs2 macrumors newbie

Is it necessary to fully charge the phone before connecting it to itunes? That's what my at&t instructions that were packaged with the phone are telling me. But i'm too impatient to wait :)

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68010

TroyBoy30

I used the activation link in the email att sent me. Other have reported not being able to activate with itunes until that process is followed

mine also came fully charged

7. camarobh macrumors 6502

Use the activation link from AT&T before connecting to iTunes, then connect and you should be ready to go. I did one iPhone this way and it activated immediately. The other I attached to iTunes first, it still worked, but took about 45 minutes to activate.