Fond Farewell

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Well, due to my new employment and their policies I will no longer be an active poster on this board. I will truly miss posting here. It's been a good few years and this is one of my favorite boards to read and post on.

Goodbye all.

-Will

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Flyinace2000 said:
Well, due to my new employment and their policies I will no longer be an active poster on this board. I will truly miss posting here. It's been a good few years and this is one of my favorite boards to read and post on.

Goodbye all.

-Will
Many congrats on your new Jobs i mean job lol

hope you get staff discount ;)

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Don't know that our paths ever crossed, but we will miss you... any member who leaves diminishes the group.

No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less ... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
- John Donne
Farewell, and we hope for a swift and unexpected return.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
seriously... how does apple know if you work for them and post on message boards? i mean i understand the "don't tell the world our secrets" but how would they know? i mean talk about big brother...

so steve does patrol these boards! :eek:

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
CubaTBird said:
seriously... how does apple know if you work for them and post on message boards? i mean i understand the "don't tell the world our secrets" but how would they know? i mean talk about big brother...

so steve does patrol these boards! :eek:
I think it would be a bit presumptuous to assume that nobody over at Apple (Legal, or other) would check out one of the largest online Mac communities.

Sad to see you go. But hopefully, it's for a much better cause!

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
You are naive if you think Steve and other Apple high-ups don't browse through sites like these.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iLaw said:
As long as he doesn't post or comment any secrets and he doesn't neglect his duties while working I can't see anything wrong with coming here.
It's not uncommon for employers to discourage workers from visiting non-work related websites during work hours.

Mine is more understanding, but then again - I work hard and relatively long hours, so they better not start complaining. ;)

Edit: How rude of me! Flyinace2000, it's sad to see you go. Don't know that we interacted all that much on the boards, but I know I'd be depressed if I had to leave my favorite online community. Good luck with your new employment, and do try to sneak back once in awhile on a personal machine...

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
It is always sad to see a fellow poster go. Good luck on your new job...:)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Surely you can still post out of work hours, and about unrumour related things...?

Anyhow, sorry to see ya leave..

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Flyinace2000 said:
Well, due to my new employment and their policies I will no longer be an active poster on this board.
This means that 1) The company policy sucks (very common) or 2) You'll be working for Apple (very cool) :p

Good bye and Good luck :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I don't believe our paths ever crossed, but I wish you all the best in your new position. Try to keep in touch, even if it isn't with as much frequency as you would like. :cool: