Font Book no longer working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rushmere, Aug 23, 2007.

1. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

My Font Book application no longer works. It quits unexpectedly when I try to open it, and the icon has changed back to a default application icon, so I guess it somehow got corrupted.

Can I somehow reinstall it without having to reinstall Mac OS?

I'm using 10.4.10 on a Macbook.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What the hell? It's rare for an app to just screw up like this so what were you doing before it happened? Is your system acting strange in any other ways? Have you used any apps like Monolingual to remove components of your system?

You can get Font Book back from the OSX discs (you may need Pacifist to find and extract it), but I think we should find out what caused this first, so it doesn't happen again.

3. rushmere thread starter macrumors 6502

rushmere

I haven't tried using Font Book for several months, so it could have got corrupted some time ago. It's hard therefore to figure out what could have caused it. I haven't experienced any other problems. I have used Monolingual in the past, but I'm pretty sure Font Book was still working afterwards.

Thanks for the tip about Pacifist though. I hadn't come across this app before. I'll give it a try and see if it will sort out the problem.

4. rushmere thread starter macrumors 6502

rushmere

A belated follow-up to this problem - Pacifist sorted this out, so thanks for the tip!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew