Font book not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yvettealice, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Yvettealice macrumors newbie

Yvettealice

Hi, I am trying to install fonts on my computer (running snow leopard), but I can't get them to. I double click the font, press install, fontbook opens up and something flashes (no idea what goes to fast) and nothing. They aren't in fontbook, and I can't use them in any program. But when I checked Library>fonts they were in there.
    I also tried just dragging them straight to the fonts folder but still nothing.
    Anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix it?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Zero information about the fonts will not help to diagnose your problem if you have a problem. The fonts may be duplicates of fonts already installed. The fonts may install as extensions to fonts already installed. The fonts may be corrupt.

Log out and then login again. If the fonts are still not active, then report back with useful information.

3. Yvettealice thread starter macrumors newbie

Yvettealice

If the fonts were already installed I wouldn't be here asking for help would I?
    They are not extensions of other fonts.
    They install fine on other computers, so they are not corrupt.
    I restarted and relogged and it has made no difference.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

When you give no information, then we have to eliminate the possibilities. Download and run OnyX to see if that helps.