Font changing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MFalcon94, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MFalcon94 macrumors newbie

I used SSH to connect to my phone and swap fonts manually. I renamed Helvetica.ttf to HelveticaOLD.ttf and then dropped in the new font whose name was ALSO Helvetica.ttf.

However, the system font hasn't changed. I thought It may have not transferred correctly, so I did it again and it still didn't work.

So just to be sure I downloaded the font to my desktop from my phone and it shows the correct font in the preview.

What am I doing wrong?

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Your new font needs to be iPhone-ready. it should also be a .ttc file if I'm not mistaken.

3. MFalcon94 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am almost positive that it is because I copied the same font many times and named it Helvetica, HelveticaBold, LockClock, MarkerFeltThin, etc. Those work.

4. rspy macrumors member

In iOS4 you're gonna need to use Helvetica.ttc. Also, iPhone4 in addition to regular Helvetica is using HelveticaNeue.ttc for system font. And you can't just rename extension to .ttc ... Doesn't work this way. Take a look and read this thread at macthemes... First post is actually all you will need, but it wont hurt to read everything... Good luck..

5. MFalcon94 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help, I will give that a try tomorrow.