Font installation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by linbash, Mar 21, 2009.

1. linbash macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've been having issues installing fonts, in one instance I had a font installed and I've been able to use it in Fireworks but all the sudden it won't work. Font Book says it's installed. There's also another font that's apparently installed but Fireworks says it isn't. Both are True Type Fonts.

Any suggestions on how to get them working? They have a dot next to them in Font Book (not sure what that means).

Thanks!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sounds like you've got a problem with duplicates. That's what the dots in FontBook are all about.

To troubleshoot font problems, you've got to narrow down whether the fonts are working with just one app or only some... or none at all. Also, be aware that Fireworks, depending on the version, may need to be quit and restarted for a font to show up after being activated in FontBook.

Also, consider using something a bit better than FontBook: Linotype FontExplorer X 1.2.3. It's free. Let Fontbook worry about your system fonts and work with the rest through this.

3. linbash thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately having the same problem with Font Explorer. Is there anything else I can try?