Font Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Benjamindaines, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

When I booted SL for the first time it gave me a bunch of warnings that I needed to delete a bunch of fonts because they were causing display conflicts with system fonts. One of them was Helvetica (and of course I thought to myself why the %^&$ would I delete that??)! So I clicked the allow conflict button on all the alerts. But, now I'm having a problem with the administrator password prompt.

[​IMG]

How can I fix this?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I think that now might be the time to try to reinstall Snow Leopard. Although did your computer get bumped or moved during the installation?

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

That shouldn't be necessary, and no. I just need to figure out how to get those prompts to come up again, so I can tell it to remove the conflicting fonts.

4. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

It seems to be a problem with my user account, I created a new log in and the fonts were fine.

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Problem solved...

I deleted all my user fonts (~/Library/Fonts) via Finder, logged out, logged back in, and added all my fonts back via Font Book. This gave me all the alerts I dismissed before; however this time I sent them to the Trash, and all is well.