Font just got bigger in Mail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dangerfish, Jan 3, 2010.

1. dangerfish macrumors 6502

For some reason, all of the sudden, the font in my address fields in Mail got huge. I cant seem to make them go back to normal size. Any idea on how it got this way and how to make it go back to normal? I dont know if I accidentally hit some keyboard combo or something because I was not inside of any sort of preference pane.

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Highlight it, press Command T, change the font size.

3. dangerfish thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that. It lets me change it to a smaller font but as soon as I click out of the address field and into the body of the email or anywhere else, it switches right back to the larger font. It is also doing it on part of my print screen. Is there some system wide font setting I somehow changed?

Attached Files:

4. dangerfish thread starter macrumors 6502

I printed out a page showing the strange large font issues and took them up to the Apple Store. No on there seemed to know what the problem could be. I was trying to avoid having to lug my iMac up there but I guess I will have to do so unless anyone has any other ideas for me.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could try reinstalling Mail from your restore discs using Pacifist, but other than that I have no idea what is going on. very strange.