Font Management HELP!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacDadd1e, Mar 16, 2009.

1. MacDadd1e macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to macs.

I'm trying to organize my fonts and can't work out the best way to do it. I seem to have fonts everywhere and need advice on the best way to organize them (where to store them) and which software to use.

I've got both FontBook and Extensive Fusion 2 installed. Fontbook is showing 'All Fonts' as 1500 and Fusions 'System Fonts' showing 6000+!!!! Whats that all about?

How should I sort this out?

These fonts are obviously located somewhere on my system. But where? How can I leave the system fonts alone and create a new folder for all my additional fonts.

Sorry about the long confusing thread but Im really stuck here and dont want to start messing with fonts and delete anything i shouldn't.

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Open up Font Book by using Spotlight, and at the very bottom of the window it should say the amount of fonts. With a number of extra fonts on mine (I do some graphic design), I'm only looking at 193 fonts. Not sure why yours would say "6000+".

You can organize your fonts by creating a new collection. Under the Collection viewer on the left side of the screen, there's a plus button. Click the plus button to make a new collection, and simply select and drag fonts into your new collection. :)