Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taiji80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Toronto, ON. Canada
I'am not sure if this is in the right section, if not I apologize.

I'am in design and I have alot of fonts, and I was looking for a way
to make my search for fonts a bit more efficient. I don't think font book
can do what I need. So can anyone maybe suggest a font organizer program
that can sort my fonts or if anyone knows if theres a way to do this in
font book?

Thanks,

sam

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
does it do something that fontbook (or whatever comes with osx) doesnt do? it seems a bit confusing to me, but then again fonts in general are a bit confusing to me.. :eek:

andy.barron

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
Bedford, England
Suitcase X1 (not a fan of Fusion) in my opinion is the way to go. I have to manage thousands of fonts & find it simplicity itself.

Any font manager should work having said that if you keep your font database clean & avoid duplicates, corrupt fonts etc.

JE-Illustration

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
Toledo, OH
Suitcase X1 (not a fan of Fusion) in my opinion is the way to go. I have to manage thousands of fonts & find it simplicity itself.

Any font manager should work having said that if you keep your font database clean & avoid duplicates, corrupt fonts etc.

I agree I use Suitcase Fusion(like X1 better) on my iMac. I tried to use font book at one point on the iMac, but it wouldn't open Word at all... kept trying to optimize fonts for like a half an hour. So I went back to Suitcase and it's worked smoothly since... also it has that auto activation function on Adobe.

On my Powermac though I use font book and it works great. What is it you need to do? It does search and you can make you own categories to put certain fonts in.

taiji80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Toronto, ON. Canada
i'am now using linotype...and i like it thanks everyone...

just have another question...since i have installed fonts..mainly adobe font
folio...somethings have changed and i can't find the reasons...fonts in mail,
address book, and safari have changed to symbols...does any1 have any
suggestions on how to fix this???

Attachments

• mail1.jpg
    mail1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 3,295
  • address book2.jpg
    address book2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3,298

JE-Illustration

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
Toledo, OH
err I had this problem before. And the only time I noticed was when using Safari and iChat.. imagine a friend thinking you are typing symbols to them and think you are joking around.

If I remember right you have duplicate font or a font that uses symbols in the form of a Helvetica font. I think my same problem was in using Adobe Font Folio.

It's kinda easy to find with Font Book. I'd probably trash all those fonts that are just symbols. Someone else could probably go more in depth better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.