Font Problem in Mail - Please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ppthepom, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ppthepom macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I hope someone can help.
    I bought my 1st Mac in January '09, a 24" iMac having made the leap from PC.

I rely heavily on my inbox to run my business, now using Mac Mail. (Used to Use Outlook on PC)

Since I first had the machine I have noticed the fonts in Mail inconsistent. I have had to set my standard font size to 14pt just to barley read it. Some of my Drafts I use all look the same font yet when highlighted under font it says <multiple styles>. I have sent myself an email and looks fine but when received is awful.

Some HTML emails I write & also receive have a very strange combination of fonts and sizes within the same line. I have sent myself my own HTML newsletter which looks ok, and double check on the writing end but when opened it may have 3 different size fonts in it. Very unprofessional.

I also use Filemaker Pro 10 for my Database. If I copy an email in Mail, and put it in a Client's notes, Sometimes (not always) it will paste fine yet there maybe 1 letter that comes out in bold in a different colour & font size..... ?????:confused:

Do I have a glitch in my fonts? How do I correct this ?

Is there an easer mail programme that will also work with Filemaker Pro 10 ?

Thanks!

Note this has always happened since I got the machine. Came with OSX now running Snow Leopard - No improvement...

2. richsadams macrumors member

Thought I'd bump this thread even though the OP didn't receive any responses. I'm running into exactly the same issues. Ideas? TIA.