Font problem - renaming font or redirecting to use another font

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by vojtech.apple, Apr 23, 2012.

1. vojtech.apple macrumors newbie

I have a MAC OS LION and our lawyer uses the font "Garamond". Unfortunately the version which is in my mac does not support some of the "Czech-special characters". How do I make my Mac or Office Word use Arial instead of Garamond so I can read it correctly?

Everything is fine when i start a new word document or any other document. The only problem I am having is while using the font "Garamond". I obviously dont use it but our lawyer always sends many documents all using this font which at my mac does not support czech characters. If I switch the font to arial or anything else everything works fine. But it is really bothering me that I have to cmd-A all the text and change it to Arial fifteen times a day. Is there a way to tell word to use arial instead of garamond everytime? I was thinkin to somehow delete the garamond font a instead of that put the arial font. But I dont know how.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The version of Garamond that is used by your attorney can also be installed on your computer. This is true whether he uses Windows or a Mac. I recommend that you install the font. Simply changing the name of a font will not do what you want. Font files have file names, but they are identified by metadata within the file. Under no circumstances should you go mucking about within a font file. This is particularly true of a font like Arial. In the best case, you may also mess-up many other documents that use Arial. It goes downhill from there.

3. lolarennt007 macrumors newbie

Where can I find this font?

I have exactly the same problem as Vojtech has. Vojtech, did you solve the problem? Where can I download the Garamond CE font?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe