Font regular in word, funky in PowerPoint

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
So, in case you haven't found this website, dafont.com, they have the best downloadable free fonts out there. I downloaded Apple Garamond yesterday for my school paper and came out great (just like the old Apple lettering) but today, I tried using it for something in PowerPoint, and it looked completely different. It was sans serif instead of serif and altogether wrong. I went back to Word and tried it and it was how it should be looking; the same way it looked last night. What is wrong?

I added some pictures. The one on the right is text in Word, the one on the left is how the same font looks in PowerPoint.

Attachments

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Oh and I viewed the presentation full screen and it looks different to what it looks like while editing the slide! Here's another pic while shown in full screen.

Attachments

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
mad jew said:
Weird. Had you restarted after adding the font? Sometimes they need a reboot to work as they said they would.
Not since the creatiton of the PowerPoint, but I have closed it and then opened it again. PowerPoint does such weird things, like mess with fonts or take out option shift k.