Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seedman76

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Hi. I'm new to Mac's so bare with me as perhaps this is quite simple. When using Mail, I have the reading pane open at the bottom. When a message opens the font size is always really small. Is there a way to set a default font size so that each e-mail opens in the reading pane at the same size??? I figured out that I can hit "command "+" or command "-" to increase/decrease the font size of each e-mail but that's a pain to do each time an e-mail opens. I would like to set a default font size to they all open with that same size. Thanks in advance.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
Hi. I'm new to Mac's so bare with me as perhaps this is quite simple. When using Mail, I have the reading pane open at the bottom. When a message opens the font size is always really small. Is there a way to set a default font size so that each e-mail opens in the reading pane at the same size??? I figured out that I can hit "command "+" or command "-" to increase/decrease the font size of each e-mail but that's a pain to do each time an e-mail opens. I would like to set a default font size to they all open with that same size. Thanks in advance.

If the email you receive is composed in plain text, you can go to preference to set the default font to reading the message. If the email is composed in HTML format and font is specified, you probably have no control over it.

seedman76

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Perfect. I found the fix in Mail --> Preferences. I even searched "Help" for this but couldn't find the answer. Thanks for the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.