Font size not large enough

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by djsound, Apr 16, 2008.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I have run into this problem many times. I'm working on a project in something like photoshop, or whatever and I choose a font that only goes up to size 24. What if I am working on a poster or something? That font is not large enough at all..Would I have any options.? I was thinking maybe I could go into Illustrator and make that font layer a vector then I could increase it? What would you guys do? If anything.... thanks

2. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Not sure I've ever encountered a font with the limitation you described.
    Assuming this limitation does in fact exist with some fonts, create the text object in Illustrator at what ever size you have to, then convert it to outlines (vector object) and scale it.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I've never heard of a font having a size limitation, but if I came across the problem I would type whatever I needed in AI and convert it to outlines. Then import it into PS as a Smart Object and scale to your heart's content. Or even better, do the whole thing in AI and place any images you've altered in PS into your AI file.

4. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

What size is your canvas on your projects? It could be in scale in comparison to what ever canvas size you are working with.

5. stargurl84 macrumors member

Illustrator could take care of that I would think...I've never seen a font with a size lim. either

6. Infinitygraphix macrumors member

font type ?

isn't it an - old - bitmap font ?

That would explain everything... Try to use Open Type or True type fonts...

7. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Um, have you ever tried "typing" into the font size box? You can make it 500 if you wanted.

8. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

sorry . to clear things up i had been using photoshop. now i know better... hehe...illustrator from now on