Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnGregory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
I have a new 27" iMac Retina Display. There is only one problem, the font is way to small for my old eyes. If I change the resolution to one of the options the font size is good but the windows do not fit on the Display correctly. For instance Photoshop's window extends off the screen on both sides. Is there any way to increase the font size without affecting the size of the windows?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
You simply need to resize the window of the app you're in. In the case of Photoshop, just click the Green button in the upper left corner of the window to have it resize to fill the screen, then click+drag a window corner to size it to your liking.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
I have a new 27" iMac Retina Display. There is only one problem, the font is way to small for my old eyes. If I change the resolution to one of the options the font size is good but the windows do not fit on the Display correctly. For instance Photoshop's window extends off the screen on both sides. Is there any way to increase the font size without affecting the size of the windows?
You can also click on View while holding the option key down and you will see Make Text Bigger and Make Text Smaller. Just keep selecting Bigger until you get the size you want. Or hold down option command + and this will zoom the page. This is what I do when I need bigger type. You can also go to View and select Customize Toolbar and drag the "aA" to your tool bar. Click on the big A to make type bigger.

Reactions: kazmac

JohnGregory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
You simply need to resize the window of the app you're in. In the case of Photoshop, just click the Green button in the upper left corner of the window to have it resize to fill the screen, then click+drag a window corner to size it to your liking.
[doublepost=1504028021][/doublepost]Thanks much! Problem solved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.