Font Size With ML Is Tiny

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by HadItWithWindow, Jul 30, 2012.

1. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

I have a 24 inch early 2008 Mac with ATI Radeon. It is set to 1920x1600 and 32 bit.

With Lion it offerred stretched version to solve my problem. I want much bigger font using Chrome.

I am currently having to reset using Command+ for each tab. I can't find the correct place in preferences to set font permanently.

2. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

It's under "Displays" in System Preferences. Change the resolution to "scaled" and pick the size you wish.

I don't know Chrome, but in Safari you can go to "Advanced" and adjust the "never use font smaller than" setting.

3. HadItWithWindow thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. I was in the display preference several times but somehow overlooked scaled.

I set it to 1280x800 which is perfect but not certain if it works well on all web pages. At least these 70 year old eyes can now read my computer :) Thx again.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

These old eyes need 1024x640 on a 13" display.

Works fine (great as a matter of fact) but certain apps like iPhoto call me a geezer and needlessly insist I change to a higher resolution even though these apps scale and run beautifully at my settings. :p