Fonts have changed

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I got home from work today and loaded up Safari, to find my fonts are different from usual. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean (compare with a standard install of Safari). Other user accounts are unaffected, and I haven't changed any settings (it was normal when I left for work this morning, and different when I got home). I'm absolutely baffled :(

Attachments

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I can duplicate that look if I deactivate Verdana. Check your font mangler if you're using one, dump the font cache if need be, or sometimes, even a log out-log in will unstick.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
mad jew said:
Does it look better if you press COMMAND-SHIFT-MINUS to zoom out? :confused:
Nope.

iMeowbot said:
I can duplicate that look if I deactivate Verdana. Check your font mangler if you're using one, dump the font cache if need be, or sometimes, even a log out-log in will unstick.
No font "mangler" :))), and I've tried rebooting. Verdana is not showing up in Font Book, in fact it looks suspiciously empty (it only contains 21 fonts). How do I dump the font cache?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Nermal said:
How do I dump the font cache?
Trash all the files under Library:Caches:com.apple.ATS and reboot.

[edit: Above assumes Tiger, use Onyx or something like that on other versions because the caches are hiding in several spots. ]