Fonts in the actual OS X...how to restore?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macmantha, May 27, 2007.

1. macmantha macrumors newbie

Initially this was a font problem showing up in application both mac and non.

After the font issues were all cleared resolving duplicates, validating, and deleting like fonts, clearing the font and system cache, etc. all font issue has been cleared up.

One problem remains.

There is still a font anomaly I suspect deeper in the OS that was affected.

It appears in things like email header tittles (Subject, To, From, etc) and even widget Headers. It some strange numerics in lieu of alpha, yet I removed every single mathematical font.

Here's are some examples...

[​IMG]

Here's the email header example...When sending emails, the recipients headers are all fine. The odd appearance is only on my computer.

[​IMG]

This was first posted as an application problem, but this area now seems to be an OS issue.

Best regards,
    Marc

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

3. macmantha thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't.

Can you give me a quick run down on how to?
    I can usually figure these things out.

One question. Will this affect my OS and various applications settings/preferences, perhaps restoring defaults?

Thanks!:)

4. macmantha thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a "how to".:)

Before I go ahead...

Anyone have any tips on the Archive and Install? Am I really doing the right thing? :confused:

My computer is very important. I'm a graphic designer / photographer and this is what puts bread on the table.

Best regards,
    Marc

5. chrisitude macrumors newbie

response to macmantha.

hey. this is the first time i'm ever replying to anyone's issue...but i was going insane looking for someone who had the same problem, then found you

6. chrisitude macrumors newbie

response to macmantha

hey. this is the first time i'm ever replying to anyone's issue...but i was going insane looking for someone who had the same problem, then found you. Anyway, i am an art director and my notebook is my bread and butter too.
    I understand nothing of this but i downloaded this shareware...font finagler and ran the program and the widget issue went away immediately. Hope this helps you too. It apparently had something to do with clearing the font caches..but like i said...you could wait for someone with a lot more knowledge in this space to reply to you...all the best.