Fonts messed up 10.4.11

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dal123, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

When I load up Adobe Indesign, it loads up in a chinese - arabic font. In Microsoft Word, when I go to print, certain parts; like pages print from / to comes up in arabic font. Which is dangerous, as not crystal clear when you want to do certain prints. Microsoft Word cannot view help as it's all in Arabic.

I have tried resetting my font cache, by trashing the apple.com.ATS folder, I have researched on net but my Terminal does nothing. Cannot enter any commands!

Anyone got any ideas??:eek:

2. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Ok been a year now and not managed to fix it. I have installed os x package again (additionalfonts.pkg), and used pacifist http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6812/pacifist but I've had no joy.

It's affecting me because I cannot change how many pages I need to print etc from when I print from preview. Also indesign and illustrator I cannot change the sizes of squares, lines rectangles etc in the 'transform' box. So it must be a missing or corrupted font or something like that.

Anyone know what I can do???

3. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Have you tried validating fonts with Font Book?

4. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks Elbert, I just validated them and I only have issues with 'Song.dfont & Fang Song.dfont'.
    Any ideas what I should do now? Sorry for the silly questions.:eek:

5. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Yellow icon with an exclamation point or a red one with an X? You could safely remove it IF it is not a system font.

Have you tried Adobe DESIGN AND MS Word in a new account?

6. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

7. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

8. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I was using office 2004, on an old powerbook g4 processor. I tried resetting font cache. Reinstalling programmes; nothing worked. I have just bought a brand new pro book and will be upgrading all software; but I would like to know what the problem was?
    Must be a system fault and not programmes as adobe programmes and word etc are playing up when I go to view help etc or when printing I cannot see sizes or details like that, help files etc.:eek: