Fonts messed up when Saving as PDF from Print Dialog

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peewee66, Jul 7, 2009.

1. peewee66 macrumors newbie

When I use the "Save as PDF" from the print dialog, the fonts in the resulting PDF are messed up. How messed up they are depends on the application, I am using Omnigraffle and Pages, and the problem is worse on the OG docs. Definition of "messed up": Fuzzy and in some cases it looks like I used a different size for each letter in a word. Very annoying.
    I looked at the Fonts tab in the properties dialog on the PDF, and it looks like the fonts did get embedded. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance!!
    --PV

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your issue is not messed-up fonts. Which app are you using to view the PDF? At what magnification? When you print the PDF, what does the hard copy look like?

3. peewee66 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm viewing the application in Acrobat Pro v8.1.1. I cannot use it to print currently because of an unrelated issue, that's why I'm using the "Save as PDF" option. I'm viewing the output at 100% magnification. The hard copy does look very clean, so it is a display issue - I should have mentioned it. But it is important for the display to look clean to, for online presentations.

Thanks!
    --pv

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Display issues are caused by messed-up display settings. There are no software solutions for that. My suggestion to you is to test your PDF in the presentation environment.

5. peewee66 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would make sense, but then why does the display change between the source material and the PDF? The fonts look fine in Omnigraffle. And the problem is there on both my laptop and a bigger monitor. Also, the problem is not ubiquitous, i.e. certain chunks of text look fine but particular font sizes and styles (bold or italics) are more "messed-up".

Thanks for your continued responses!

--pv

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is a question that can be answered only by someone who has access to your computer.