Fonts that work with iOS 5.1.1

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
hello all, is there a tweak or app that allows you to change the system fonts and is compatable with iOS 5.1.1. I remember font swamp working a year or two ago. Not sure if it still does. Thanks for the help.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
hello all, is there a tweak or app that allows you to change the system fonts and is compatable with iOS 5.1.1. I remember font swamp working a year or two ago. Not sure if it still does. Thanks for the help.
Havent installed it myself yet, but others rave about bytafont. Maybe try that?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
BytaFont is awesome. It supports 5.1.1 and there are a TON of fonts to choose from. You can search for fonts via the bytafont app itself or via Cydia. It's great.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Agree'd, Bytafont works fine in 5.1.1. Using Avenir Light font right now. >__>b Purdy lol.
I love checking out new fonts. Been using Ubuntu titling forever now but I'm getting bored. I just looked up avenir but I only see it for fontswap. Where can I get it for bytafont? Any idea?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I love checking out new fonts. Been using Ubuntu titling forever now but I'm getting bored. I just looked up avenir but I only see it for fontswap. Where can I get it for bytafont? Any idea?
I know the repo I found it on, but I know it's not a repo that the mods would like. I'll PM you.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I believe I found it but its asking to install an available upgrade-- GUI-GPG-SEC "Required Setup Configuration file"

Is it smart to install this? Only using this repo for the Avenir font.

btw, it really sucks that iPhoneruler hasn't ported this font--yet.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I believe I found it but its asking to install an available upgrade-- GUI-GPG-SEC "Required Setup Configuration file"

Is it smart to install this? Only using this repo for the Avenir font.

btw, it really sucks that iPhoneruler hasn't ported this font--yet.
I replied, I think the font your looking at is for an older font program. As for the GUI thing, I think it's just something for their repo.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I noticed the Avenir font is missing some font styles. It's not apparent in most apps but I noticed the font isn't applied in Instagram and Sparrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.