fonts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Scenicroadways, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Scenicroadways macrumors regular

Since upgrading to leopard, all my fonts are messed up on my weather widget, stocks, etc. It is using some big font. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. danpat macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with a few of my widgets, and also had the some of the header text in Mail displaying in fractions instead of letters.
    I have thousands of fonts on my computer because I do lots of graphics work, and was able to disable the problem font that was causing the Mail issues.

I suspect there have been some system font changes in Leopard which may take some time to rectify. Widgets, many being 3rd party apps, may take until a new version to get fixed, or maybe Apple will issue an update to fix.

If you have a big font library, try clearing the font cache. I used a menu in Linotype FontExplorer, which is a font management application.

3. Scenicroadways thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. I do graphics work as well, although I don't have a font management program on here yet. (i do most of my work at work). I hope apple fixes this and I don't have to go meddling into my fonts to figure out which one is screwing up. I can't see any way to clear the font cache with font book either.