Fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .michael, Dec 22, 2007.

1. .michael macrumors regular

Hi, I am trying to download fonts from 1001fonts.com . It says that I need to extract the font archive to some place on your harddrive using a tool like StuffIt Expander. But, I don't want to buy Stuffit Expander. Anyone know a tool like this, that does the same thing and is free?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If it's archived as a .sit file (god only knows why in this day and age) you can use Stuffit Expander... because it's free. Check the big orange button in the middle of this page. ;)

http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html

If it's a zip file, you can unpack it straight from OSX by double-clicking on the downloaded file.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

If you don't want to install Stuffit Expander (and frankly, I don't blame you) try The Unarchiver, which is open source and handles .sit along with a whole bunch of other archive formats.

4. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'm new, haa. Were is the System Folder? I know that's not System Prefrences. ... Right?

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The System folder the a folder with the "X" named "System" at the root level of your hard drive. If you don't know what it is, then it is a really good idea to leave it alone.

As for System Preferences, this is a utility whose icon has a "light switch" on the left and an Apple logo on the right. It allows you to set many of your system settings. The original is in /Application/Utilities/. You may also access it through the Dock icon.

6. splashtech macrumors regular

And on Leopard, the icon is now a gray/silver rectangle with 3 cog wheels inside.