FontSwap for iP4

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I am going to try it soon, Im tethering with Handylight right now so gimme a sec and ill edit this :p

So what do you want me to test?
Working fine on my end.

mcqueen

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
I'm only getting it to work for LockClock and Notes, no System font replacement. Anyone else? :confused:

map1978

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hmm I installed fontswap, selected a font, and respring the homescreen, but the font doesn't change

Am I missing something?

Also anyone got status notifier to work?

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
yeah system replacement isnt working for me either.
Now when i type a password in instead of making the letter a little filled in circle (after typing the next letter) its a big block in the way :/

FLAVAH

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008
I haven't used fontswap, but when I had my 3GS, I manually went into /system/library/fonts/cache/ and then switched out the Helvetica (system font) with the font of my choice. However, that was using a .ttf file, and I went in and tried to do it again, but it looks like the iOS4 on this iP4 is using a .ttc, which is an entire collection of fonts for Helvetica, versus one font for bold, italic, thin, etc. I'm guessing maybe that's why fontswap is not working.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
yeah system replacement isnt working for me either.
Now when i type a password in instead of making the letter a little filled in circle (after typing the next letter) its a big block in the way :/
Same with me but I actually find the blocks pretty neat. I like them.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Welcome to a couple months ago when we had this same problem on the 3G and 3G S. The system font is now in a ttc format which includes many fonts.

Decoding of this format and reencoding with your altered fonts needs to be figured out.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Welcome to a couple months ago when we had this same problem on the 3G and 3G S. The system font is now in a ttc format which includes many fonts.

Decoding of this format and reencoding with your altered fonts needs to be figured out.
Cool...thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.