Food for thought....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cybot2006, Feb 18, 2011.

1. cybot2006 macrumors newbie

Did the mid-2010 Mac Mini had any photo leaks of its redesign? No? I checked the MacRumors archive of the Mac Mini news in the buyer's guide, there were no leaked shots, only rumors of the update, then the mini got silently updated.

So will the same thing happen to the Macbook Pro? A possible redesign that has never been leaked in spy photos?

2. xdbuix macrumors 6502

any kind of leaked photo is luck of the draw. There is currently an Intel ad going around with a black laptop that some people are saying is the new macbook pro, while others disagree. But honestly its all luck if we do get a leaked photo. Its about to come out anyways so just hold onto it a bit longer :D

3. cybot2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I'm waiting out on my 2009 Macbook for the MBP refresh! :D

Another thought, Apple had before the unibody, been using the same Macbook Pro design for years. Another possibility that the design may not change for the next MBP. :confused:

For the 13-inch my guess is:
    Chance of redesign: 20% | Chance of minor alterations: 50% | Chance of no change at all to design: 30%

4. kx22 macrumors member

They Macbook Air also had a silent update didnt it?

5. cybot2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, they intro it in the Back To the Mac event, the slim new design of the MacBook Air was so epic they had to show it off in the event. But possibly :apple: already had the redesigns of the other MacBooks in the works by then and they are now prepping them for a silent release, knowing the Mac community had already anticipated an update, event or not. But again there in a chance the redesign would happen in Summer when Lion gets released making it an deal breaker for Apple.

6. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I`d be surprised at a silent update to one of their biggest product lines, I`d expect a bit of fanfare.
    Don`t expect to see Steve tho.

7. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

It should be status quo that no photos are leaked prior to the redesign...