Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apr 10, 2007
what one are you buying? Im getting that black one with the white inside.

Might as well try, its only $20

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008

I'm thinking of the "Le vert", the green one. It looks nice :)

I would like to hear from others who have tried them out?

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007

I liked the looks of this one too but it looks like the white inside is only for a laptop? Maybe I am missing where to select it, but my order came up as black satin right before I submitted it:

"Inner lining: MacBook: (Sherpa fleece) iPhone/Touch, iPod 5G/Classic: (Black Satin)"

"Can i have sherpa fleece? (question about iPod/iPhone cases)
No. We'd have bloody stumps making foofpods with fleece. "

Its weird because the picture definitely looks like they are taking an iPhone out of a black case with a white lining (3rd pic over)

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I liked the looks of this one too but it looks like the white inside is only for a laptop? Maybe I am missing where to select it, but my order came up as black satin right before I submitted it:

"Inner lining: MacBook: (Sherpa fleece) iPhone/Touch, iPod 5G/Classic: (Black Satin)"

"Can i have sherpa fleece? (question about iPod/iPhone cases)
No. We'd have bloody stumps making foofpods with fleece. "

Its weird because the picture definitely looks like they are taking an iPhone out of a black case with a white lining (3rd pic over)

The fleece is only for the laptops. For all the iPod/iPhone foof they use satin in different colors. In this case white satin.

I've just ordered the "Le vert" foof and now waiting for a mail confirmation :)

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
I was looking forward to getting one of these foof sleeves but I have no interest in one after learning that they don't have fleece on the inside of the iPhone ones. Anyone know of any that do?

Apr 10, 2007
The fleece is only for the laptops. For all the iPod/iPhone foof they use satin in different colors. In this case white satin.

I've just ordered the "Le vert" foof and now waiting for a mail confirmation :)

ah i see that now, oh well, im still waiting for a shipping confirmation also, the black ones where out of stock till tomorrow (monday) so hopefully they ship tomorrow :eek:

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
ah i see that now, oh well, im still waiting for a shipping confirmation also, the black ones where out of stock till tomorrow (monday) so hopefully they ship tomorrow :eek:

You're quite unlucky.. Mine shipped 3 days ago ;). Guess I just picked out the right color :)

I don't care about the fleech.. I've talked to some people who have had these, and are saying that they are quite thick and gives great protection. Similar to the Sena Ultra Puch I think, and might even more protective.

But mine has to ship to Europe so maybe you'll still get yours first

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I was looking forward to getting one of these foof sleeves but I have no interest in one after learning that they don't have fleece on the inside of the iPhone ones. Anyone know of any that do?

No one does that. You have to think of the material used outside as well. 'Cause thats quite thick too. Inside its only satin, but the material outside is.. what is it called; Podded?

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
When i bought my iPod Touch, i wanted to get one of these but wanted to purchase within the US. So i got a Fabrix case. I love it.

Now i have the iPhone 3G. It doesn't quite fit the Touch case. So i found this and ordered it. I really love the concept of these kinds of cases. Great protection, really cool looking and get to use the iPhone in it's true form.

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=9596537

Edit: oops, Fabrix are from Singapore. I really don't remember why i didn't order the Foofpod!! ha! Maybe they weren't available at the time for the Touch.

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
When i bought my iPod Touch, i wanted to get one of these but wanted to purchase within the US. So i got a Fabrix case. I love it.

Now i have the iPhone 3G. It doesn't quite fit the Touch case. So i found this and ordered it. I really love the concept of these kinds of cases. Great protection, really cool looking and get to use the iPhone in it's true form.

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=9596537

Edit: oops, Fabrix are from Singapore. I really don't remember why i didn't order the Foofpod!! ha! Maybe they weren't available at the time for the Touch.

I really like the Sockit price, but not a fan of any of their designs unfortunately.

I think im gonna go for the black or red foof.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I really like the Sockit price, but not a fan of any of their designs unfortunately.

I think im gonna go for the black or red foof.

I was looking through the Foodpod collections, and yes, they have some seriously cool materials and designs. I loved the green cord with the white iPhone!!!!!

Also, i like the vintage look of the Etsy ones too.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
The only thing about these is that there are no holes on the bottom for speaker sounds, unlike the sena ultra slim cases. You would have to put them in upside down in the sleeve.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I was looking through the Foodpod collections, and yes, they have some seriously cool materials and designs. I loved the green cord with the white iPhone!!!!!

Also, i like the vintage look of the Etsy ones too.

Yes, the green is really good lookin'. I ordered the "Le Vert"

And regarding the speaker: This material can easily be "sound breaktrhough-able". You'll still be able to hear the phone. Leather is another material which sound and noise can¨'t "escape"...

Do you follow me?/ Catch my drift?

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
Yes, the green is really good lookin'. I ordered the "Le Vert"

And regarding the speaker: This material can easily be "sound breaktrhough-able". You'll still be able to hear the phone. Leather is another material which sound and noise can¨'t "escape"...

Do you follow me?/ Catch my drift?

I would just put the phone in top down. Unless i needed to use headphones at that time.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
No one does that. You have to think of the material used outside as well. 'Cause thats quite thick too. Inside its only satin, but the material outside is.. what is it called; Podded?

Satin just seems like it'd be slippier to me. Fleece looks a lot more protective regardless of the outside material and looks nicer as well. Notice how they show the inside for the laptop bags and all the iPhone pictures are taken from the side? They're either trying to make you think it has fleece inside to trick impulse shoppers or because they're not satisfied with the inside of it enough to show it off.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Satin just seems like it'd be slippier to me. Fleece looks a lot more protective regardless of the outside material and looks nicer as well. Notice how they show the inside for the laptop bags and all the iPhone pictures are taken from the side? They're either trying to make you think it has fleece inside to trick impulse shoppers or because they're not satisfied with the inside of it enough to show it off.

Well, I know for a fact that the are definitly not slippy, they're actully quite thight.. But again; they sure protective and well padded..

I don't like the look of the Fabrix cases though.

My guess would be that a laptop needs the fleech because it will need more protection than a phone would. And with fleech for the iPhone case it would be really bulky, which isnt the meaning with these cases. They're just sleeves.

cohenspire

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
around dc
Ordered my foofpod this past weekend and it shipped earlier today. Can't wait to see it, but unfortunately it won't be here till i'm on vacation so my stupid oakley eyeglass bag will have to cover the iphone till then.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Ordered my foofpod this past weekend and it shipped earlier today. Can't wait to see it, but unfortunately it won't be here till i'm on vacation so my stupid oakley eyeglass bag will have to cover the iphone till then.

There must huge shipping delays, since it took a week for you Foof to ship? 2 days after i ordered mine it was shipped..

And for those of you, who are not sure if these are padded enough, here is a picture i found, which gives an idea of it:

Attachments

• Foof.jpg
    Foof.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 138

dirtymouse

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
Notice how they show the inside for the laptop bags and all the iPhone pictures are taken from the side? They're either trying to make you think it has fleece inside to trick impulse shoppers or because they're not satisfied with the inside of it enough to show it off.

+

foofpods are photographed differently to foofbags, simply for the reason, you can easily hold a foofpod in your hand. Photographing AND holding a foofbag with a heavy MacBook inside is quite difficult to do :)

There is no intention on our behalf to trick people into thinking we have fleece inside a foofpod. We have numerous photographs and text all over our site indicating that foofpods have satin inner lining (as did our foofbags until recently).

If you check out the 'inner lining for foofpods' under 'about foofpods' section, you'll even find close up photos of the inner lining (i've uploaded them here).

We're in the process of phasing out white satin inner lining, and moving foofpods for the iPhone/Touch over to black satin instead.

hope that clears up any confusion or interpretation of intent.

Attachments

• inner_black.jpg
    inner_black.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 939
  • inner_white.jpg
    inner_white.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 937
  • inner_brushed.jpg
    inner_brushed.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 935

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
+

foofpods are photographed differently to foofbags, simply for the reason, you can easily hold a foofpod in your hand. Photographing AND holding a foofbag with a heavy MacBook inside is quite difficult to do :)

There is no intention on our behalf to trick people into thinking we have fleece inside a foofpod. We have numerous photographs and text all over our site indicating that foofpods have satin inner lining (as did our foofbags until recently).

If you check out the 'inner lining for foofpods' under 'about foofpods' section, you'll even find close up photos of the inner lining (i've uploaded them here).

We're in the process of phasing out white satin inner lining, and moving foofpods for the iPhone/Touch over to black satin instead.

hope that clears up any confusion or interpretation of intent.

Thanks for clearing that up

But why would you change the white satin with black? Why not just keep both colors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.