Foot pod?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by oeagleo, Nov 11, 2018.

1. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

Does anyone think Apple will ever initiate the ability to pair a foot pod with the Apple Watch?

2. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

Probably about the same time as you can use the Watch to aim a nose ring laser!

(What is a foot pod?)

3. sean000, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Why would it need to pair with the Apple Watch? Wouldn’t it just feed data to the Garmin fitness app for iOS? It would be up to Garmin to offer an Apple Watch app so you could see your cadence on your watch. The Garmin folks would probably rather sell you one of their watches. ;)

Actually I just realized what I think you mean. I’m not an LTE Apple Watch user, so I forget that people often use them and leave iPhone at home. The iPhone can of course connect to external fitness trackers via Bluetooth, but can the Apple Watch do the same with a Watch-to-foot pod BT connection?

Does anyone know?

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

In all seriousness, I think wearing an Apple Watch as an anklet bracelet would work better than the Apple Watch necklace accessories on ETSY.

5. oeagleo thread starter macrumors 6502

oeagleo

I’m talking a generic ( Adiddas) Bluetooth foot pod. Had one for a Garmin I had to accurately measure distance indoors. No big thing, just wondering if I should sell it.

6. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/15516

Never heard of it, had to google.

7. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

So it’s up to Adiddas then. Apple already allows third parties to create watch apps and sync data with the Health app.

8. matrix07, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Yeah.. someone should just write watch app that can take data from any footpod and synced to Activity and Health, or better yet create API to support it so we can run with any app we want.

I’d buy one just to have actual cadence alone.

9. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

You can use the Stryd foot pod with either the Stryd app or ismoothrun. Fantastically accurate distance and power data no matter the conditions. They have a more basic model that does distance only.

10. PatrickNSF macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

+1 on the Stryd foot pod. When properly calibrated it will likely give you more accurate pace and distance data when training with an app like iSmoothRun.