Footage of iPhone Delivery in SoHo, NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gotohamish, Jun 29, 2007.

1. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

2. appleii2mac macrumors regular

So, only 1 pallet? I wonder how many phones fit on 1 pallet. I'm guessing more than the 1000 that are supposedly going to the flagship stores.

3. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

Good find - it looks like each carton of phones holds 10. Times the 100 cartons on that pallet is 1000 phones.

4. eskimayo macrumors newbie

well i counted and its 84 boxes i think... so thats 840... and thats just one palet... who knows if they got more... any one?

5. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Not everyone is going to buy 2 so you probably looking at 600 - 700 people going home happy.

6. eskimayo macrumors newbie

i think they are more prepared than we think...

7. brokencrayon macrumors newbie

The website the video was taken from (http://www.city-magazine.com/) says "Our neighbors at the Apple Store here in SoHo, New York, have been receiving shipments of iPhones all morning" ... so that makes me think that that isn't the only pallet they are getting...

8. magicandmystery macrumors member

It's actually 96 boxes. 40 on one side, 40 on the other, and 16 in the middle (the ones going the other way). Rather, it's at LEAST 96 boxes. My calculations put it at 960 total iPhones. That's good news for other Apple stores. Kinda puts an end to the 50 phones per store rumor.

9. dashiel macrumors 6502a

i counted 96 boxe 8 rows, 5 columns duplicated front and back (8 x 5 x 2) plus two single columned rows (8 x 2).

someone in the socal thread said they saw three palettes worth. there's a picture and to be honest the palettes there look larger than the one in this video

vic gardens is not one of the more popular areas either, it's kind of the boonies of LA. bottom line, i think even remote apple stores will get at least 1000, stores on the coast and major metros, probably between 3,000 — 5,000.

the guy in the video around 32 seconds in says "there's at least a second palette"

10. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Wow - thanks for that video link. That made me very happy. :)

I don't know why people were worried about the iPhone bombing because of the high price and some negative reviews. We all knew it would be a massive hit. And while I won't be able to get one now, it's nice to know this will guarantee a version 2, and hopefully sooner than later.
    Saving up my pennies now... :D

11. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I wonder what the San Francisco store is getting. I know there are over 100 people in line this morning. If there is over 500 units, then me getting in line at noon should be good to go :D

12. appledrummer macrumors member

i only counted 7 columned rows

13. Doozy macrumors regular

That line is pretty long, it got me anxious about waiting another 8 hours. That sure was a lot of iPhones.

14. magicandmystery macrumors member

You counted wrong. :) Pause the video at the right time, and on the left hand side of the pallet, you'll see that the boxes extend for one more row.

15. gotohamish thread starter macrumors 65816

gotohamish

When we shot that shipment, people around said one had gone in before too. So double that folks.