Football Light

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Milner99, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Milner99 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

For those UK based App Stores users, who like football, take a look at my first published app. It's a simple news football news reader with a very handy torch bundled in for good measure!

Version 1 is in the app store, allowing quick access to premier league, championship, league 1 and 2 news headlines and links to full stories/articles.

All constructive feedback welcome!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-light/id435208942?mt=8

In version 2 I'm looking to add "My Team" select for tailored news and perhaps offline reading if I get time.

- Love MacRumors and the forum :)

Chris.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Why would I need a football news app to include a torch?

3. Milner99 thread starter macrumors newbie

A good question, I found it was hugely useful when used in the following scenario...try it...

There were nights when I'd stay up later than the Mrs. She's go to bed, I'd follow later - of course coming to bed later I'd need various lights on but didn't want to wake her so I'd use the torch on my iPhone...often instead of using the torch I'd turn the phone around and just use the screen as a light.

So I decided to make this app where I could take the route to bed, a route I knew but just needed some extra light whilst taking it and could keep looking at/browsing/whatever on the phone at the same time.

The light aids your peripheral vision whilst walking in the dark (in your house or anywhere really) and you can keep reading the football news at the same time. A great time saver.

Give it a go.

Cheers

Chris.