football manager 09 problem...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mediocrefuzz, May 3, 2009.

1. mediocrefuzz macrumors newbie

Hello! Yeah I have had fm09 installed on my mac since it came out, never had a problem, I installed the update for the game, and it was working fine, and then few days ago it was loading then just returned to my desktop. And since then never loaded, comes out with message:

The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly blah blah applications not affected.

I've removed everything from my mac that is football manager 09, even the database saves etc. And i've reinstalled few times with and without using the patch after installation, still doesn't work.

Does any of this help??

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000004
    Crashed Thread: 0

2. courboy macrumors regular

Hi, I have a problem when running FM09 too. I'm using the 9.3.0 patch and haven' tried previous versions, but at random times the game will freeze. When this happens, the screen will literally lock up with the last image and the only option I have is to hold the power button down until it turns the computer off and start from scratch again. This is VERY frustrating!!

Have you had this problem at all, or just the Kernal one?

3. iamback99 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem can anyone help ads...............

4. dehory macrumors regular

Guys, try uninstalling and making sure you've cleared game (Library\Caches\Sports Interactive) and system caches and repaired disk permissions. Find and delete all the preference files related to FM09 in any and all user folders by searching for "Sports Interactive" and "Football Manager" in Spotlight.

Then after you've restarted, reinstall the game in the default location and apply the 9.3.0 patch.

Several people on the SI forums have encountered similar problems but been able to resolve them by doing the above.