Football Manager 2009... How do I remove ALL files for reinstall?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by gednow, Apr 24, 2009.

1. gednow macrumors newbie

Hi

My problem is that I wanted to reinstall my copy of FM09. I used the program 'AppCleaner' and dragged my FM app into it. However it did not remove any files apart from the app file. I tried the uninstall program that comes with it but at the end of its run it said that a vast number of files could not be removed:mad: I then removed the files manually and tried to reinstall. The install goes fine but when I try to start the game I get

"The Application Football manager 2009 v 9.0.0 f 23552 Quit unexpectedly"

Am I missing something? :confused::confused:

I am running it on the 2.4ghz Alu Macbook 2gb Ram:apple:

2. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Usually just deleting the application or the folder that the application is in will delete the program from your computer. If you think this did not work properly:
    Search your hard drive for any files with the football manager title in it and delete them. Also go to your user folder>library>preferences and make sure there are no files in there. also in the library folder you can try the application support folder and make sure nothing pertaining to the game is in that folder as well.

-->If you are having trouble removing files type back as to what the problem is. IE "This file is in use and can not be deleted."