Football Manager 2010 3D engine help for SNOW LEOPARD help

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by im-loving-it, May 3, 2010.

1. im-loving-it macrumors member

HI,

This is my first time on this website, im looking for someone to help me please.

I have a macbook, snow leopard, 2 Ghz, intel core duo, 2GB RAM.

I had tiger and i upgraded to snow leopard a few days ago for £25, my problem is that with tiger you could only play games in 2D so i upgraded to snow leopard so i should be able to play 3D, but when it only shows me shadows and names of the players, but not the actual players,

AM i doing something wrong? what can i do? does anyone else have this problem? what did you do?

Thanx in advance guys for helping me, and thanx for reading and trying to help, pleeeeezz

Thanx.

2. capoeirista macrumors 6502

Your Macbook has a terrible graphics chip called a GMA950. I also have a Core Duo (Not Core 2 Duo) Macbook like you. Sadly it is not powerful enough to run FM in 3D. I have only ever been able to run it in 2D. Upgrading the operating system will not increase the performance of the GMA950. unfortunately

In order to run this game with the 3D matches, you will have to buy a better computer I'm afraid.

From SI website

The minimum requirements for Football Manager 2010 on Apple Macintosh are:
    Intel Processor
    OS X 10.5 Leopard
    Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon
    1024 x 768 32 Bit display
    1GB System RAM
    Superdrive
    2GB HD space
    Mouse and keyboard

3. im-loving-it thread starter macrumors member

hi,
    thanks for replying, I want to sell this macbook and buy a macbook pro, will it run in 3d on the pro?

4. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Yes

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Buying a MBP just to play Football Manager 2010... now that's dedication :p.

6. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

I installed an SSD in my laptop (not just for FM) and the game is quite a bit quicker than when I was running the standard 5400 RPM drive. :)