Football manager for iphone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 03sho, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 03sho macrumors 6502a

I think it will be a brilliant isead to get a football/soccer management game to the iphone.

What do you guys think?

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

It would definitely be marketable.

Sega already do games for the iPhone, so I would guess they are looking into it...

3. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

what's the power/specs of the iphone like compared to the psp?

4. 03sho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not quite sure.

5. stiphone macrumors regular

I would be the first to buy it!! Great idea..now that we have a arcade soccer game, wouldn't it be nice to have a manager game too?? Can't imagine the number of hours I'll be playing it if it comes out.

6. dukedevil0 macrumors newbie

from wikipedia:

PSP:
    333 MHz CPU
    2 MB VRAM GPU at 166 MHz
    32 MB main RAM
    4 MB DRAM

iPhone:
    412 MHz CPU w/ 3D graphics co-processor
    128 MB DRAM

looks like iPhone should be able to handle anything the PSP can do...

7. rwomack macrumors newbie

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I wouldn't have thought the iPhone's graphic capabilities would be stretched with a straightforward management game – there's no real need for fancy 3D stuff.

9. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

Link not working?

10. lindstrom macrumors member

Works for me. Says "Due for release in quarter two 2009."

11. jonnypow98 macrumors newbie

Cannot wait!

Hi, i'm very excited about a football manager for the iPhone, it is about time. Im interested to know will it have real teams and player names in it? will it be like the DS game football director and how much can it buy for cooli ocheers

when when when will it be here, im travelling in may , will it be available before then?

jonny

12. rwomack macrumors newbie

It is planned to be launched April 28th provided it passes Apple approval in time.

It is based on Football Director, but has many improvements and new features, and the club squads have been updated to be as upto date as possible.

Watch out for further announcements, screen shots and videos over the next few weeks, I'll try and add the links to this forum as soon as they are available.

13. rwomack macrumors newbie

Perhaps I should also have said it is comfortably within the limits for purchasing on your iPod touch or iPhone so no need to link up to your computer to download.

14. socman macrumors newbie

15. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

Looking at your name do you anything to do with game????
    Looks pretty good have you any Youtube vids to have a look?

16. jonnypow98 macrumors newbie

Very disappointing and overpriced, I'll wait for the others thanks

After reading about the game here..
    I thought this looked like what I had been waiting for on the iPhone; all the boxes seemed to be ticked.
    But when I played it, it was far from what was promised in the description.
    The game uses some of the default iPhone forms and screen mechanisms so it doesn’t look that nice, the game isn’t full screen so you can see the network operator at the top, menus are often with heavy cramming of stats into small spaces (player listings).
    The amount of information isn’t really suited to playing this on a mobile device, at first you think it is great having them but when you see 11 messages in your email system after 1 week in the game it becomes very fiddly, often you have to navigate to sub sub sub menus to access the problems with team injuries, as the home page is more like a work organiser.
    It’s strange because the amount of stats used in this makes it feel like something aimed more at the desktop PC for in depth game play, yet falls short on that requirement if it were the only soccer manager you owned; kind of an in between. I really wanted to like this because there aren’t that many available on iPhone (I know there are 2 more due out in April 09, both of which look much better) but this is too tedious for a fun manager game on the mobile. The fun bit which is supposed to be the match engine is so bad, it feels more like an afterthought, like it was rushed out and tacked on at the last second. You cannot vary the speed of the game, and the main highlight (commentary) is the worst I have seen in a manager game. It boils down to 1 line of text that says there is a shot on goal, free kick, corner etc, then followed by the second line of text you will see for outcome, e.g. a goal or shot wide. This is so far from enjoyable; you might as well not have any commentary and have an instant “result” button.
    I can see that there has been some thought put into this title, but it seems to have focused on the wrong areas for a mobile game, it’s too fiddly and tedious and fun factor seems to be missing. Not worth it for the high price, I’d wait for the next few manager games out shortly. Disappointing.

I just found out that this game requires OS 2.2.1....BOO!!! this will really limit the amount of gamers who can play it :(

17. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Football Manager on iPhone/iPod touch is a terrible idea. I'd never get anything done! :D

18. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Was thinking of buying it but after that rewiew I won't bother

19. rwomack macrumors newbie

20. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

21. fizzsoftware macrumors newbie

22. Football Man macrumors newbie

FKC 1- Shooting Drills Part 1

David Greene ex Spurs player and Director of European Soccer Schools for Charlton has just released this. FKC-1 Shooting drills part 1
    Ive bought it and have to say its worth every penny if you are a football coach at any level.
    Easy to follow and greet zoom function.
    Keeps everything straight to the point. Ill look out for the rest in the series. About time we had some decent apps that I can actually use in my daily life

23. reolofit macrumors newbie

Have just bought Championship Manager 2010 and have to say loving it so far. Really in-depth game, great interface, easy to pick up and play:

itunes link to CM 2010

24. cooper77 macrumors newbie

25. chicagdan macrumors 6502a