Football Manager on a MacBook Pro 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ElNeebre, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ElNeebre macrumors newbie

Hey, so I'm about to buy my first MacBook ever... first Mac I've used since the Macintosh after buying a Windows laptop at the start of the month with Windows 8 and having loads of problems with it, having to reformat it twice already

I'm going to get the new MacBook Pro retina 13 inch, just wondering if people have played Football Manager and how well a dual core 2.4GHz processor and the Intel Iris (no idea about this) would handle it, since it's a very CPU heavy game

Can't wait to get it!

Thanks

2. greenythebeast macrumors regular

I installed FM14 Beta on my Late-2013 rMBP 13.3" (2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) last night. To be honest I was a little disappointed, but I'll make do. The fans run on high it seems, especially while in the 3D match engine. I put the 3D settings to the lowest possible in order to get a decent framerate. There are still a lot of bugs with FM14 but all in all I would say its decently playable. Nothing compared to playing it on my i5-3570K and AMD 7950 though :p

3. FrankoSullivano macrumors newbie

Does Football Manager support the Retina display pretty well?

4. greenythebeast macrumors regular

If you set the resolution for FM14 to Retina specs, you need to make sure to also set the "Zoom-in" function to 200%, otherwise the text and graphics are insanely tiny (unreadable). I imagine a lot of the reason the fans were going to crazy was because of it being set in Retina resolution.