Football MMORPG

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mms, Mar 30, 2008.

1. mms macrumors 6502a

Goal Line Blitz is a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online game) that's been spreading like crazy lately. Basically, you create a football player (American football, that is). They sign with a team and you get to upgrade skill points (for different abilities, like in Madden) as they gain experience. It's totally free, so try it out. Maybe we can get a MR team started.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1012840

It makes the NFL offseason go by a lot quicker, I promise.

2. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I just joined as a FS

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Looks interesting - I just signed up. We'll see if it has enough to keep me involved.

4. gonyr macrumors 6502

I'm in as a linebacker - not sure what's next though?
    Is anyone here running a team?

5. Racktacular macrumors regular

Gonyr:

Read the forums and promote yourself in the "players looking for teams" thread. You will get contract offer from team owners and once you sign up with a team, you will play in games and get money daily. For example, I signed a 1 year contract with a $6,000 signing bonus and I'm making $1,000/day. That gives me enough money to train at the highest level (intense) to improve my player and 'level up'.

I actually played my first game yesterday and got my first tackle. If you go to the box score of the game, you can then link to the "play-by-play". From there you can actually watch the game.

This football sim is freaking addicting!

6. Racktacular macrumors regular

7. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

Yes, this is fun, but people need to stop putting in their own signup link...
    MMS, already thought of the idea to put this on Macrumors, so he should be getting the points...