Footer cutting off when saving to pdf! Macbook pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by africano, Nov 4, 2014.

1. africano macrumors member

Hi,

I have searched and searched and tried A LOT of different solutions but none have worked, so apologies but I didn't know where else to turn!

I have a cv document in word and when I save it to pdf it always cuts off the footer about half way!

Can someone guide me through how to fix this?!

PLEASEEE!!!!

Again sorry if this is the wrong place but I have tried millions of solutions and I can't fix it.....:(

2. RDPOE macrumors newbie

I can't explain it, but I had similar issues.

I was trying to save a resume with a border as a .pdf and could not get the bottom border to save in the .pdf.

I had to pop my .doc file on a flash drive, take it to a Windows computer, then save as a .pdf. This allowed the bottom border to be retained. It even shows up when I open the .pdf on my mac.

Annoying, but that's the only fix I could sort out

3. africano thread starter macrumors member

OH MY GOD! this is totally driving me MAD! I have spent waaaay to much time trying to fix this issue.....its crazy......just want it to save as a pdf without having a half line through my footer! Have done a ton of searching and tried all these different fixes. NOTHING has worked!

Will try doing it on a pc at work. crazy:mad:

4. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

In the printer preferences, you may have to set it up page parameters to print more area. This happened to me, and by changing the way it printed from edge to edge, allowed me to print the entire page.this worked with an Epson printer and an HP printer. You just have to find the right settings, usually in page set up.

5. africano thread starter macrumors member

I just want to save as a pdf not print...I have tried customizing the margins in page setup, paper size, etc...nothing has worked!:mad::eek:

6. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

There is a difference between saving as a PDF or printing as a PDF. You can print a PDF from the print menu with extra control over the way it appears. It will still be a PDF, just another way of doing it.by looking at it in the preview, you will be able to see if it's all there.

7. RDPOE macrumors newbie

Definitely a difference, and what africano and I have experienced is an issue with saving a PDF and having the footer/border not save. I suspect, like me, he wants to be able to email/send this PDF electronically rather than print it.

Africano, I feel your pain. I spent over an hour trying to screw around with margins, etc, etc but the only thing that worked for me was saving as a PDF from a Windows computer. I had to do it at work as well. I tried every "tip" or "fix" or "guide" out there for the problem and this was the only thing I could get to work. I had to drink heavily as a result, I know how you feel...haha

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Are you trying to save using the Print dialog or in Word ("Save as")?

9. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I'm so sorry for my previously poor wording...

Using the PRINT dialog to SAVE as PDF (not print PDF) is the alternative. This process will SAVE a PDF file that can be emailed, etc. To reiterate, there are more choices (presets for extending image area) for including any portion that may be otherwise cut off.

Attached Files:

10. RDPOE macrumors newbie

OH, gotcha! I wasn't even aware that was an option.

In my case, not sure if it's the same for the OP, it still shows up as borderless on the bottom using the print dialog box. I'm not connected to a printer now, so i can't seem to fuss with too many settings, but that might have worked. Either way, I was able to get it saved as a PDF with the Windows machine, but I about lost my mind trying to figure out why it was acting the way it was.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember that. I didn't come across that option in all my troubleshooting.