Footswitch for iPad over Cable?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by berndkiltz, Jun 26, 2011.

1. berndkiltz macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

I am a professional Guitar player from Germany, and I'm looking for a Footswitch for iPad, with which I can turn the pages in my "ForScore" App.

I know there is AirTurn, which works over Bluetooth - but I'm afraid that it might interfere with wireless Microphones and stuff on Stage. Also, I HATE Batterys, so... Also one of my Bandmates also hast the switch, so they might interfere as well.

If anyone knows if there is one available that contacts directly to the docking port and ideally has 2 switches for Page forward and Backward, or has any good Idea of a workaround (usb Keyboard mod etc...) please share your Ideas. Thanks!

Bernd.

2. claimed4all macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be worried about bluetooth interference at all in this day in age. Everything is paired and coded. Just like I have been to classes with 50+ bluetooth mice and 50+ bluetooth keyboards, no issues.

3. berndkiltz thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I know - but the Problem is, my Friend who has the AirTurn Switch said he didn't have to pair anything. Which makes me worried I could be turning his page and he could be turning mine... And: The Batteries...

So nobody knows about a wired Footswitch?
    I cannot be the only musician wanting one???

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

I don't believe such a thing exists. Wires, in this day and age! Just get the AirTurn one, it's supposed to be really good.

5. berndkiltz thread starter macrumors member

I finally found out -

You can use the Apple Camera Adapter and connect any USB Footswitch that doesn't need to much power (USB power is reduced on the ipad)

Much better than Bluetooth - for me.

Thanks anyway anyone!

6. W1MRK macrumors 6502

That camera adapter should be renamed honestly. So many uses

7. MacPatinRumors macrumors newbie

MacPatinRumors