Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berndkiltz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
Pfalz, Germany
Hi Everyone,

I am a professional Guitar player from Germany, and I'm looking for a Footswitch for iPad, with which I can turn the pages in my "ForScore" App.

I know there is AirTurn, which works over Bluetooth - but I'm afraid that it might interfere with wireless Microphones and stuff on Stage. Also, I HATE Batterys, so... Also one of my Bandmates also hast the switch, so they might interfere as well.

If anyone knows if there is one available that contacts directly to the docking port and ideally has 2 switches for Page forward and Backward, or has any good Idea of a workaround (usb Keyboard mod etc...) please share your Ideas. Thanks!

Bernd.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
I wouldn't be worried about bluetooth interference at all in this day in age. Everything is paired and coded. Just like I have been to classes with 50+ bluetooth mice and 50+ bluetooth keyboards, no issues.

berndkiltz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
Pfalz, Germany
Yeah, I know - but the Problem is, my Friend who has the AirTurn Switch said he didn't have to pair anything. Which makes me worried I could be turning his page and he could be turning mine... And: The Batteries...

So nobody knows about a wired Footswitch?
I cannot be the only musician wanting one???

berndkiltz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
Pfalz, Germany
I finally found out -

You can use the Apple Camera Adapter and connect any USB Footswitch that doesn't need to much power (USB power is reduced on the ipad)

Much better than Bluetooth - for me.

Thanks anyway anyone!

Reactions: mcrawley

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I finally found out -

You can use the Apple Camera Adapter and connect any USB Footswitch that doesn't need to much power (USB power is reduced on the ipad)

Much better than Bluetooth - for me.

Thanks anyway anyone!

That camera adapter should be renamed honestly. So many uses

Reactions: mcrawley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.