All iPads For all complaining about prices...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Reminisce32, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

For all complaining about prices... the solution seems simple to me. Buy an iPad Mini w/ Retina, Wi-Fi only, 16GB. Anything above that is arguably vanity unless you can easily afford it or if you actually use an iPad and extra space to make or save you money.

Tired of making rich people richer and still want to enjoy the latest iPad? That's your solution and it's the route which I'm likely to take. Plus, these base models maintain the most of their resale value which is a huge motivating factor for me as far as how much enjoyment I get out of a product based on how much I paid for it and how much value it retains through time.

But I certainly don't understand how some people can complain about price and then shell out another Benjamin for double the size just so you don't have to be as diligent in maintaining your space. I was comparing retina app sizes between an iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and they were all extremely close in size. The only reason I think one could justify getting 32gb or more is if they want to have 5+ movies stored locally. But even in this case, I would rather just add/remove a few movies as I go along than give apple another $100.

The only reason I might have gotten an iPad Air is if it had better internals since it wouldn't become obsolete as fast. But now, for those on a budget, the new Mini seems like a no brainer.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Alternately, there's still the option of not buying one at all. :p

3. Reminisce32 thread starter macrumors regular

Reminisce32

True. The only iPad I ever had a 1st gen which I bought used and just recently sold so I need to replace that which is why I am in the market for one. Do I think they are overpriced? Sure. That is why I am buying in the low end with a 16GB Mini Retina.

I've never bought an iPad/iPhone that has more than 16GB of storage. I think that's a huge waste of money.