for all irealquicksms users

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Jun 16, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I apologize if this has been posted already but I didn't find anything when I searched. For those irealquicksms users that don't frequent the irealsms forums, the following was just posted by the admin there on Monday, June 14th:

The development of iRealQuickSMS has been discontinued due to several technical reasons resulting from changes to the iPhone firmware. iRealSMS 3.0 holds all of iRealQuickSMS's features and many more and we encourage all iRealQuickSMS users to upgrade to iRealSMS 3.0.

Because of the special hope of iRealQuickSMS users for an 3.0 like update we want to apologize by giving you iRealSMS 3.0 for FREE.

All you have to do is to write an email as follows:

To: serial@irealsms.com
    Subject: iRealQuickSMS UPGRADE
    Body:
    <your paypal email address>
    <your phone serial>

We will add an iRealSMS 3.0 license for you asap then.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So what happened again?
    They're not going to upgrade Irealquicksms to work with 4.0?

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm not really sure. They obviously make it sound like it's too much work to update two products every time Apple pushes out an upgrade, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update the software to work with 4.0 (or they make us pay again if they do put out an update).

I haven't looked into whether or not BiteSMS or QuickReply work with 4.0 but I certainly hope there's at least one quick reply that works with the new o/s.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope you're right.
    They all know Apple updates their iphone OS once a year.
    If they cant or dont want to support their products we shouldnt either.
    Our money will go to those that offer solutions instead of the lazy devs IMO.

5. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

yeah very true but wont people be able to make an app like this after 4.0 i saw in a screenshot that we would be able to "in-app sms" anyone else see this?

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

For those of you that haven't upgraded, you really should. The new version is awesome and has a ton of great features. They do plan on updating it for os 4 too so I'm happy about that.

I'm really not looking forward to being without the quick reply function when I get my iPhone 4 though so I'm really hoping the jb comes quickly.