Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Popular Apple TV+ show "For All Mankind" is currently shooting its third season, but Apple may have already authorized a fourth season of the drama, if information on an updated Writers Guild of America (WGA) webpage is accurate.

for-all-mankind-apple-tv-plus.jpg

First spotted by Space Explored on Tuesday, the updated webpage contains a listing for season four of the show that suggests everyone currently involved in season three will return for another outing.

According to the entry, series creator Ronald D. Moore will remain as showrunner while also serving as executive producer, alongside series stalwarts Ben Nedivi, Bradley Thompson, David O. Weddle, Matt Wolpert and Nichole M. Beattie.

With season three expected to be released in mid 2022, the WGA page has season four production kicking off that same year and running into 2023, so it'll be a while yet before we see it on Apple's streaming TV service, assuming the listing is correct.

"For All Mankind" has proven to be one of Apple's more popular Apple TV+ shows. It explores what might have happened if the global space race had never ended in an alternate history where the USSR beats the United States to the moon. The story is told through the lives of NASA astronauts and their families, who are at the center of extraordinary events. Apple confirmed season three had been green-lighted in December 2020.

Article Link: 'For All Mankind' Season 4 May Have Already Been Signed Off By Apple, Writers Guild Suggests

Royksöpp

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2013
Season 3 should be interesting. There is going to be a lot of new characters. The time jump is going to shake things up even more than season 2. I'm also interested in seeing how the ending of season 2 came to be and the aftermath. Season 4 is going to be completely different show. Perhaps they'll slow down the pacing and go for more of a continuation of season 3? Let's wait and see!

Comment

Pezimak

macrumors regular
May 1, 2021
I’m sure it has been, although I found the last season to not be as good, I’ll still continue to watch it and see where they take it all. it did have an exciting conclusion to the last season.

Reactions: mburkhard and Ar40
Comment

mw360

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2010
Really like show, Season 2 had some of the most stunning TV I've ever seen, but I hope they don't stick to the same formula of glacial build-up to the finale. It worked twice, really well to be fair, but that trick is done and I hope this time they keep up the momentum and put some trailer-worthy scenes somewhere in the first 3/4 of the season.

Last edited:
Comment

amartinez1660

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2014
Brilliant! One of the best shows on apple rv once you get past the first couple of episodes

This and the expanse is some of the best shows out right now
I did find the first couple episodes on the slow side, not bad themselves though.
Been meaning to give this a second chance, since I have liked many of the TV+ offerings by now. Your comments seal it.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40
Comment

Amacfa

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
D.C.
This show SUCKS. It’s 1% sci-fi, and space scenes. 90% nasa housewife drama, and 9% random subplots.
As a sci-fi enjoyer, this was a huge let down. I like the space scenes, but there hardly is any of it!

How ironic that “For all Mankind” is less about space but more on who cheated on who, dumb personal drama, woke themes that don’t blend naturally into the movie. (And I really don’t mind it, as long as they disguise it well, they didn’t here)

Comment

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
Back in the day one season was 25 episodes (per year).
6 to 8 in the UK. Whatever your position on streaming services a positive in my mind is streaming services seem to be embracing the attitude of, " Tell the story with no arbitrary length in mind. " So you do not get filler episodes or stretching the story out just to reach "x" number of slots. Which both weigh down good television. I for one am glad that clip shows and dream sequence filler shows are in the past.

If the story needs 4 episodes then don't make it more if it needs 8 make it 8 etc.

Comment

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
This and the expanse is some of the best shows out right now
The last season of The Expanse had some troubling decisions by the show runner and writers. Though there was good parts like the Naomi and Amos arch but the rest of it showed that the writers and show runner are starting to think they know better than the books. I've already abandoned it, went down this road with GoT (Which I abandoned half way through season 6 and should've just stopped at 4) not going to do the same with The Expanse.

Comment

macscreenwriter

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2021
Apple has one hit. Ted Lasso. They pilfered Charlie Brown to appeal to the kids. The rest is esoteric claptrap like Amazon programming which has a limited audience and unless Apple acquires a studio or even Netflix, this venture will go the way of their cube computer. It's not enlightened. It may have great production values, but it doesn't connect with the masses and it's freaking boring. Tim might like it, but I'm sure he likes Malt-O-Meal, too.

Comment

quatermass

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
I like it a lot, but I wish they'd done better with the more technical elements - for example, that nuclear powered shuttle, with the huge wings, and no fuel.... honestly, I don't know where to begin! They obviously didn't consult with anyone with any sort of aerospace background (or maybe they did - and then completely ignored them!).
Weirdly, one of the more bizarre ideas - the duct-tape spacesuit - is not as bonkers as it might appear.

Anyway, it's a welcome change to the usual reality and zombie shows, so more is good!

• Love
Reactions: mburkhard and Ar40
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.