Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Apple TV+ original shows "For All Mankind," "Servant," and "Amazing Stories" have been nominated for Saturn Awards.

for-all-mankind-apple-tv-plus.jpg

The Saturn Awards have been held annually since 1973, celebrating a wide range of genre fiction film, television, and home media titles. This year, the 46th annual awards include films and TV series released between July 2019 and November 2020.

"For All Mankind" has been nominated for Best Fantasy Television Series, competing against "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," "Locke & Key," "The Magicians," "Outlander," "The Twilight Zone," and "The Witcher."

"Servant" is nominated for Best Horror Television Series, and is up against "Creepshow," "Evil," "Fear the Walking Dead," "Lovecraft Country," "The Walking Dead," and "What We Do in the Shadows."

"Amazing Stories" has been nominated for Best Television Presentation (Under 10 Episodes), contending with "Dracula," "The Haunting of Bly Manor," "His Dark Materials, "The Mandalorian," and "Perry Mason."

There have been 286 nominations in over 40 categories and genres this year. An exact date for the awards this year has not yet been set, but it will likely follow in the next few months.

Yesterday, Apple TV+'s animated movie "Wolfwalkers" was nominated for ten Annie Awards and last month Jason Sudeikis won a Golden Globe Award for his performance in the hit Apple TV+ show "Ted Lasso."

Article Link: 'For All Mankind,' 'Servant,' and 'Amazing Stories' Nominated for Saturn Awards

jlc1978

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2009
For All Mankind was very good. I found Amazing Stories too be OK at best; it never really hooked me into watching it unlike FAM, Ted Lasso or The Morning Show.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40 and mazz0

Arnold Ziffel

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
Haven't watched For All Mankind nor Amazing Stories, but I have begrudgingly watched all episodes of Servant. I find it to be a huge disappointment with its cast of characters who all are suffering from severe mental illnesses and / or character defects.

This is my first M. Night Shyamalan work, and I am not impressed. He just creates a series of gross, disgusting scenes and tries to weave them into a story.

Definitely 4 thumbs down.

Feyl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Czech Republic
I'm still surprised they get away with a sexist title like "For All Mankind". Revisionist history is a thing now. Get with the program, "For All Gender Neutral Kind".
"For All PEOPLEkind" is the most inclusive and gender neutral title. Honestly, we should cancel Apple for such offensive name. Somebody please tweet it to Tim Apple to make it right.

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
For All Mankind is awesome, but Servent is just nonsense that constantly implies it's going somewhere but never does. I watched all of Amazing Stories and don't remember a thing about it, other than not being impressed. I may not be the audience for that though - is it aimed at young kids?

I really love For All Mankind though. Definitely proves that we're living in the Darkest Timeline doesn't it?

• Disagree
Reactions: entropys and Ar40

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I'm still surprised they get away with a sexist title like "For All Mankind". Revisionist history is a thing now. Get with the program, "For All Gender Neutral Kind".
At least they ratified the Equal Rights Amendment in that alternate universe.

G5isAlive

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2003
For All Mankind is the best show on Apple TV+. Yeah, there are a few preachy moments, but very few and they are minor.

I really enjoy how they weave in real historical moments with fictional, especially when they add a little twist to the real to update it with their fiction. Feels like a wink and a nod.

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
For All Mankind is awesome, but Servent is just nonsense that constantly implies it's going somewhere but never does. I watched all of Amazing Stories and don't remember a thing about it, other than not being impressed. I may not be the audience for that though - is it aimed at young kids?

I really love For All Mankind though. Definitely proves that we're living in the Darkest Timeline doesn't it?
Servant is one my favorite shows but this season is really dragging. For those who haven’t started season 2, it may be a better binge-watch then planning your Friday around it.

I can see how it earned a nomination though. Great production quality and the show’s cooking aspect is unique.

Reactions: Ar40

kingtj1971

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2021
Alton, IL
For All Mankind was very good. I found Amazing Stories too be OK at best; it never really hooked me into watching it unlike FAM, Ted Lasso or The Morning Show.

I actually enjoyed Amazing Stories, even though I agree that the quality of the individual episodes varies. I guess for me, it's mainly that my free time is limited. When I do get a chunk of time when I feel like sitting down and relaxing in front of the TV for a bit, I like having a show that's not part of serial episodes. I can commit to just watching one episode and know it's the full story in and of itself.

Reactions: SuperMatt

farmboy

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2003
Minnesota
Servant is not one on my watch list, but my wife watches. I just wish someone would tape Lauren Ambrose (the Servant wife) to a chair, as her seemingly perpetual hysteria and egregious overacting are making me consider that going for a long walk while this show is on is probably the better option. It's probably the better option in any event, but we have this thing called winter where I live.

wigby

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Servant is not one on my watch list, but my wife watches. I just wish someone would tape Lauren Ambrose (the Servant wife) to a chair, as her seemingly perpetual hysteria and egregious overacting are making me consider that going for a long walk while this show is on is probably the better option. It's probably the better option in any event, but we have this thing called winter where I live.
I liked the build up in the first season of Servant but the payoff wasn't really there. Season 2 is much worse. There is no finale that can explain all of their constant running around only in that same house all day arguing over the stupid baby. It's like 30 minutes per episode is not enough so nothing ever really happens but 1 hour episodes would feel like an eternity. The show has nowhere left to go unless they completely change the dynamic before this season ends.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
Don't go down that rabbit hole!

Check out the origin of the word "woman". It literally means wife man.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
It's a pity there's so much tedious talking going on in S2. I nearly fell asleep watching the second episode. More Moon action, please.
Quoting myself here, but... Bejeezus, I'm watching the latest episode now and there is so much dreary dialogue and emotional family scenes, it's tempting to turn the damned thing off!

Reactions: fricotin

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
I actually enjoyed Amazing Stories, even though I agree that the quality of the individual episodes varies. I guess for me, it's mainly that my free time is limited. When I do get a chunk of time when I feel like sitting down and relaxing in front of the TV for a bit, I like having a show that's not part of serial episodes. I can commit to just watching one episode and know it's the full story in and of itself.
I loved Amazing Stories when it was on TV many years ago. The Apple TV series felt quite similar. I think our culture has changed quite a bit since then though. Maybe these stories don’t appeal to the younger generation, but I liked the series and hope they release a few more!

topdrawer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012

the tone of that show is completely uneven. the humor comes off as sarcasm from the actors and not the characters themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.