for all the bacon lovers...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jo0, Jan 30, 2010.

1. jo0 macrumors regular

so i have always wanted to do a tribute to the bacon lovers of the world but not really sure how to implement it properly. i bought the domain smellmybacon.com and put a place holder up, but now I need some feedback for the direction I should go with it.

Any thoughts, ideas or feedback?

-jo0

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You could put up a picture of a chicken :p

You said this is something you always wanted to do, but now want input on what to do. Dig into your initial reasons for it and get creative. Toss out silly things and let your imagination fly. If we have great bacon ideas we'll go start our own bacon site and leave yours in the dust ;)

3. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Is this going to be a website about actual bacon or another example of bacon related kitsch? Charcuterie is interesting but bacon as humor is pretty played out.

4. jo0 thread starter macrumors regular

Uht oh! You would dare start a competing sight and steal my two visitors a day!? I do like the chicken idea though.

I guess im thinking maybe of showcasing all the products that have come out of the 'bacon is funny' phase that as mentioned is a bit played out, but maybe a best of, sort of thing. I don't know, the bacon bra still captures a lot of attention...

-jo0

5. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

The smell of bacon is meant to be one of the most favorite in the western world... So how about a scratch and sniff? :p

/Doug

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Why not read the long standing Bacon thread, might give you some ideas.

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The Daily Show introduced me to Baconnaise. That bacon thread should also have fun stuff. Why there's a bacon thread at Mac Rumors is beyond me though, but I'm a vegetarian so maybe that's why I don't get it.

Humor is likely your best bet for a direction. It'll probably be image rich. You could always do a more serious side with a few pages that talk history, cooking techniques, and whatever else.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i like bacon on a mcgriddle or a breakfast sandwich..:D:D:D hmmmm

9. MyMacWentBad macrumors newbie

Maybe

You could make a Fireworks page or put a flash thing on the page that allows you to click on a package of bacon and make the bacon appear on the grill.